A support group for parents in challenging situations.
Led by Jessica Gallina, Fieldstone Counselor
The purpose of Parenting Through the Storms is to:
- Provide a safe space for parents/guardians to share, lament and process struggles with their child(ren) with counseling-related concerns such as anxiety, depression, autism or trauma. Children do not need to have a diagnosis for parents/guardians to register for this group.
- Share biblical anchors for which to process related difficulties through the weekly meeting and throughout the week.
- Present resources to parents according to each weekly theme and additional resources in regards to more specific issues.
This group will meet on eight (8) consecutive Tuesday evenings, live via zoom
Beginning October 18th, 2022
Time: 6:00-7:00 pm EST
Cost: $99 per parent(s) for group sessions, content and a Google classroom for access to resources (a scholarship is available for those in need of financial assistance- email us for more information: email@example.com)
Participants: 6-10 families including one or both parents/guardians of a child(ren) who meet the above description, single parent/guardian families and two parents/guardian families are welcome, including foster parents or kinship parenting
Schedule of Topics
- Introduction including sharing of stories
- Parenting through significant difficulty
- Embodiment and stewardship
- Family Dynamics
- Making plans
- Crisis planning and community
- Looking towards the future
Jessica Gallina taught and mentored children and adolescents as an intervention specialist for 12 years, before feeling called to become a biblical counselor.