Providing a caring and supportive small group experience for women serving as ministry leaders.
The Women in Ministry Cohort will utilize pre-recorded video content from the WIMC directors, reading assignments with accompanying reflection questions, monthly group discussions and prayer time via Zoom.
Location: Remote via Zoom for 60 minutes one evening per month; 30-minutes of pre-recorded material to watch in advance.
Date & Time: The Zoom discussion time will be held monthly, on the 4th Thursday from 7-8 pm EST. The group begins on February 23rd, 2023.
Cost: $250 per participant* with scholarships available for those in need of financial assistance.
*We suggest pitching this to your church leadership as a form of care/counseling for you as a ministry leader. We will gladly provide invoicing details to your church if needed. Fieldstone Scholarships are available! If you are interested in a scholarship please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
Who are women ministry leaders?
- Those serving in positions of full-time ministry at churches, non-profit ministries, Christian schools, and missionary organizations.
- Those serving alongside their husbands who are employed in ministry.
- Those serving in volunteer or part-time roles, in which they report to a pastor or church leader (i.e. children’s directors, women’s ministry coordinators, administrative assistants, worship leaders, outreach coordinators)
- Those serving in full-time ministry as missionaries around the world.
The group will provide a welcoming and safe atmosphere for:
- Discussing the unique concerns associated with being a woman serving in ministry.
- Cultivating spiritual rhythms of rest and renewal to guard against burnout and to provide comfort in the midst of turmoil.
- Developing biblical insight and clarity on how to move forward in the ongoing challenges of their ministry.
2023 Schedule and Topics (meeting monthly, 4th Thursdays, from 7-8 pm EST)
February 23 Seen, Heard & Known — Receiving the invitation to draw near and be cared for during this season
March 23 A Woman’s Place — Addressing the unique challenges of serving as a woman in ministry
April 27 Who Are You? — Looking at the unique way God has created humans, as image bearers and its implications (personhood - personal agency, voice, power; embodied souls)
May 25 Ministering From a Place of Rest — Recognizing our limitations and creating rhythms of personal soul care to promote wholeness
June 22 When Trouble Comes — Navigating conflict, forgiveness, reconciliation, and restoration
August 24 Leading Through Lament — Identifying with those under your care as a co-sufferer by using the psalms of lament
September 28 Protect, Promote and Prophesy — Taking a look at women from the Bible who provide valuable insight on how we serve the weak and marginalized
October 26 2 Cor. 1:3-5 Ministry — Sharing together in servant-hearted leadership
Online Cohort: Melissa Affolter and Karen Corcoran, Fieldstone Counselors
Between them, Melissa and Karen have over thirty years of experience as women in ministry, serving in various leading and teaching capacities in local churches (both as staff members and lay leaders), counseling centers and on the mission field.
For more information or to receive registration details, please email: email@example.com